8/26/09

Recipe Review: Two Fruit Smoothie

I can't say that I'd make this drink again. I didn't like the nutmeg and cinnamon at all. Though it was in a contest winners cook book, so I guess some people do.
I usually like a smoothy, so I'd definitely like to try just the peaches and blueberries together. I had another recipe lined up to make, but it also has cinnamon in it, and now I'm not so sure I will enjoy it. About the only place I really like cinnamon and nutmeg, is in a pumpkin pie.

Two-Fruit Frosty
Taste of Home, Contest Winners - 2006
1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries or huckleberries
1 cup frozen peach slices, thawed
1 cup milk
1 cup vanilla yogurt
1/4 to 1/3 cups honey
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
Cinnamon sticks, optional
1. Combine blueberries, peach and milk in blender; cover and process on high. Add yogurt, honey, cinnamon and nutmeg; blend well.
2. Serve immediatly. Yields: 4 (1 cup) servings.


No comments: