9/2/09

Recipe Review: Columbian Chocolate

I would give this recipe at least four out of five. Often hot chocolate is just too sweet for me. But this was really nice. And when I was melting the chocolate with the coffee and cinnamon, the smell was simply wonderful.

Columbian Chocolate
Betty Crocker's Cookbook, Text Edition
1 pkg. (60z) semi-sweet chocolate
1 cup strong coffee
1 t cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1/2 t vanilla
In lg saucepan heat chocolate, coffee, cinnamon and salt over medium heat, stirring until chocolate is melted and liquid is smooth.
Add milk, heat through, stirring occasionally, but do not boil. Stir in vanilla. Just before serving beat with hand mixer until foamy.
10 servings, about 2/3 cups each.



2 comments:

Susan said...

This is just no fair! :P you're making all these yummy drinks! and not sharing any with me! (hehe)

Unknown said...

Please, don't make me feel worse than I already do.:P :)
Love, and miss you all!!!