9/9/09

Recipe Review; Picnic Punch

Ahhh, pineapple and orange juice. I simply love good pineapple and good oranges. I like it so much, sometimes I get sores in my mouth from (I think) too much vitamin C.

The cranberry, pineapple and oranges all went well together. I think I might skip the lemon next time, and add a little bit of sweetener. I really want to try stevia. Also, carbonated water might be something to try, instead of the ginger ale.
Of course, after adding the ginger ale, gotta serve right away, otherwise the bubbles get spent. But if you mix just the juices then it could be stored in the fridge and a cup could be mixed anytime desired.

Picnic Punch
(I have forgotten what recipe book this was from, but as soon as I figure that out, I'll mention it here)
2 qt.. cranberry juice
3 cups pineapple juice
3 cups orange juice
1/4 cups lemon juice
1 liter ginger ale, chilled
1 medium navel orange
Combine the juices in a large container, refrigerate. Just before serving stir in ginger ale and orange slices.
Yields: 5 qt.

No comments: