8/5/09

Recipe Review: Coffee Cooler

I loved the orange in this drink. I was unsure about the pineapple juice in it before I had tasted it, and I have say, next time I make it would just leave it out. It's not gross tasting, just kinda off, in my opinion. Plus is curdles the milk a little. I also had my Grandma Lulu, Auntie Marlys, Grandma Evi and Auntie Carol try some, and they all said it was interesting, and not bad, and Auntie Carol said it got better as she sipped it.

Coffee Cooler
A tall frosty drink is always welcome on a warm summer day. Serve this to your afternoon callers and yours is sure to be the most popular house on the street!
1/2 cupful of sugar
1/4 cupful of water
1 teaspoonful of grated orange rind
3 cupfuls of freshly made coffee, cooled
1 cup of chilled pineapple juice
1/2 cupful of light cream
Combine the sugar, water and grated orange rind, and simmer together over low heat for 10 minutes. Then cool, strain if desired, and add to the cooled coffee. Just before serving combine with the pineapple juice and cream. Serve in tall glasses with plenty of crushed ice or ice cubes. This makes 4 tall drinks.--J.R.H., Escondido, Calif.


When we brewed the coffee we made sure the make it dark, with the ice and all, we didn't want it to get watered down.

This Recipe is from my sister Susi's "Sunset-Kitchen Cabinet Recipes-volume two"

No comments: